Monday, September 8, 2008

A Whole Year?

It just occured to me, when I looked at the calendar, that today is the one year anniversary of when I moved into my apartment.

Wow.

A whole year.

It still baffles me, everything that can happen in one year. All of the changes that can take place, the people who have come and gone in my life. I don't cry every day now. I have a new boyfriend. Hell, I almost have two children (but have somehow managed to keep my new, thinner figure!)

I thought all of the "firsts" were done, but I guess they never really are.

At least these are happier firsts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoohoo!! Here's to HAPPY new years!!! Cheers and best wishes for many, many more, my friend. :)

Anonymous said...

It's been a year??? OMG - I guess time really does fly when you get old, huh? Seems like a few months! But you've done good in tha t short year and I'm damn proud of you.

Mom

The Mysterious Traveler said...

Tomorrow I embark on my new life out here. I'm wondering how I'll ever deal with this huge mortgage on my own, when I'll find a nice affordable cottage on a quiet street in Broadview -- or if my business will continue to take off to the point that I can actually stay in this house (which I love so much, particularly the neighbors, the quiet street, and the garden). I'm wondering which old friends will stick with me, and which will drop away, and how I'll get along with new friends and make my way in the (new to me) writing community.

Your first year, and the way you've written about it, is an inspiration!