Monday, September 10, 2007

The Big Move

What a weekend. Man.

But first, I attended mine and Steve's first post break up gathering Friday night. It was small, which was good, and we were fine, which I knew we would be. It was nice to see some folks I hadn't seen in months. So that's out of the way now.

Saturday morning, I was up at 8am, preparing for the troops. They arrived at 9am, loaded up their vehicles and we caravaned a whopping nine blocks to the new apartment (pictures to come soon). I blinked and suddenly the bulk of my stuff was moved. Just like that.

We made one more big trip, then the troops dispersed, with the exception of McP (formerly MickeyP, who has requested that I come up with a new nickname for him. And I like him so I'll oblige). He and I made one more trip, then it was pretty much done. He started to leave but then saw my eyes tear up so he suggested we get lunch first. That helped. I had neglected to eat anything that morning, even after buying muffins and donut holes for everyone. After lunch, I went back to Steve's to load a few odds and ends and space the place out a little bit so it didn't look like I had just moved out. And I vacuumed for him since I took the vacuum.

I was home and exhausted at 4:00pm. I moved boxes around and set up my computer, then it was time to shower and get ready to go out.

Because I'm crazy like that.

I went to the Rilo Kiley concert with a couple of new girlfriends. My new favorite song is Portions for Foxes. I blare it all day at work and then in my car on my way home. Makes me feel like a rocker.

And home at 1am. I don't have a bed (and a desk and a microwave and a chair and a coffee table.....) so I'm sleeping on my REI air mattress. It sucks, but it's a helluva lot better than a futon.

Sunday, Kim came over and we walked to lunch at the Lockspot Cafe, which is just spitting distance from my place so I'm guessing I'm going to be spending a lot of time there. They have liquor, a pool table and football on the TV. What more can I ask for?

After Kim left, I watched the Seahawks (kick Tampa Bay's ass!) and unpacked. Got the kitchen all done but I don't know what to do about the bathroom. There's no cabinet space. Just a sink. No drawers. No countertops. I need to find something to put all my junk in. I'm looking forward to Target tonight.

And I got all the bedroom stuff in the bedroom but I have 28 pairs of shoes (all in their own little Rubbermaid bins with labels) and I have no place to put them. So they're piled up in a corner. Once I get a bed, maybe they can go under the bed, but that's probably where the two plastic bins of boots are going to go. I think it's officially a fetish now.......

I also need some furniture for the living room. I have stuff to go on furniture but no furniture to put the stuff on, ya know? I've spent a lot of time surfing craigslist today.

I think this is going to be a good home. As do my troops. They all commented on how it was a great space and that it was very me. It was a beautiful day yesterday so the apartment was very bright and cheery. Thank goodness. Because when 6pm rolled around, and I was alone, the reality of the situation hit me like a mack truck. And all that crying I haven't been doing, well that's out of the way now. Today, my throat hurts and my eyes are puffy, but I feel a lot better.

I am settled. I am home.
And I'm looking forward to what comes next.......whatever that may be.

No comments: