Sunday, September 7, 2008

I Give You.....THE BEDROOM

So! Quite the productive weekend here at Chez Downing.

There was no time to work on Friday night - movies and pizza and friends.

And, Saturday morning, while Todd was taking the kids to meet Katherine, I was SUPPOSED to sleep in, but the excitement of cleaning made it impossible. So I was up at 7:30am, throwing laundry in, taking trash out, loading the dishwasher.

Todd got back, we went to breakfast, then on to Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond for bins and general shopping merriment.

And then. Oh.
The Bedroom.


Before:


After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

And in case you were wondering what a real life blogger looks like, IN THE PROCESS, wala.

Not a pretty sight.....

Aside from bedroom news:
Jamie passed her boards (WAY TO GO, JAMIE!) Now she starts her Real Job. Yay!

Todd and I made three pies at the pie party last night. Two apple and a blackberry....with rum.

And the Seahawks sucked royally today. No amount of mimosa could ease the pain. Believe me, I tried.

14 comments:

Marcia said...

Fabulous! I love the before and after shots. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

You are a rockstar!
Call me when you decide to break into the blackberry pie.
xo,
j

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the cleaning! Very impressed. And you look like your momma in that last pic :)

AND, don't feel too bad about the Seahawks. Did you happen to catch any of the Skins game last Thursday? Oh, it was a nightmare. Just horrid. We will be lucky to go 6-10 this season. So depressing...

TD said...

Thanks again for all the help, baby! We are an amazing team!

J, the blackberry pie has been broken into - better hurry over and have some... :-)

Anonymous said...

OMG! Great job on the bedroom clean-up! You look like Jennifer again in the blogger picture. And Aunt Jeannie. And your mom! (And I said that to myself before I read Kristin's comment). No kidding.
The Seahawks could not have sucked more royally than the Redskins. Seriously. Pitiful. Kristin is totally right.

Anonymous said...

Add the West Virginia Mountaineers and the Houston Texans to the list!
Not a very good weekend all the way around - football-wise.......

P.S. The bedroom looks terrific (except for the color Todd - you were right - redo!)

Mom

Anonymous said...

Very very nice. You're a fantastic GF, GF!! But yes, the wallcolor is the suck. Yeee-ikes. What's the new scheme gonna be?

Anonymous said...

Definitely Aunt Jeannie, Dee.

Mom

TD said...

The original color was supposed to be a grayer "slate" blue, so apparently I gave them the wrong chip.

Working on a stone/tan concept now, much like my bathrooms. It'll be good.

Anonymous said...

I'll add my OMG! Now, where did all that stuff go? Was it all thrown out? Great befores and afters!

TD said...

Most of those boxes were salvage from the fire, but I hadn't really had the support necessary for sorting through it (both physically and emotionally). Enter Raechelle, and a couple weeks later, voila (or, as she says, "wala") - done!

Some was thrown out, some recycled, some given to Goodwill, and some kept for filing.

Lucy Leadskin said...

R, you must have been in seventh heaven with all that cleaning and organizing. I think I need to bribe you to come down here and help us with our garage! :D

And I think I'm the only one here who likes that original sky (?) blue.

Anonymous said...

But then your carpet will look too "blue" for the tan/stone walls...oh no!


(TD's) Mom

TD said...

I think we must be going for Raechelle's record in post responses!

Andrea - the sky blue worked when we had hand-painted cloud formations, but it's too stark by itself and the clouds were a Sam thing.

Mom - trust me. It'll work.

(Brought to you by "skluvp", that old Scandinavian favorite porridge)