Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Go To The Light! The Light!

I gave my two weeks' notice at my job this morning. I accepted a position, still within my clinic, as a buyer in the Purchasing department. I will get paid to shop. Not for shoes. Trust me, I asked. But for clinic supplies.

Sigh.

It's a start.

I feel good about this.
At least I did.

I don't know when my last day will be. It depends on when my current supervisor feels she will able to "release me", seeing as how this is considered an internal transfer. And yes, that's according to The Policy.

Last night, I felt a weight had lifted and I was free.
Now, not so much. The wind has been sucked out of my sails.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel, and change is a good thing.

It's still fun to see the looks on people's faces when I tell them. Hee hee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! No matter how, no matter when. You deserve a change for the better, baby! Mwah!

Anonymous said...

Don't let the wind be knocked out of your sails! You're still going to the new job - just have patience. And don't burn your bridges. Congrats!