Monday, January 7, 2008

Weekend Update

I had a very nice weekend.

Friday night, I came home from work, gulped down way too much pasta for dinner, then fell asleep on the couch. Woke up, went to bed. Lovely night.

Saturday was the dreaded Redskins/Seahawks game. The Sheans came over to keep me company and we watched with glee as the Seahawks actually made some good plays and won the game. It was touch and go there for a bit as Hasselbeck made some very big boo-boos. So we advance to next week - The Green Bay Packers. Something tells me this will be our last game of the seaon. Call it a gut feeling.

That evening, I had dinner with a co-worker and some of her friends down in Tacoma. Yes, Tacoma. Alllllll the way down in Tacoma. For dinner. Crazy, huh? But it was good to have some girl time.

Sunday was spent mostly in bed. Just cause. It was a good day.

And Sunday evening, one of my gals and I went to see Juno. I had never heard of it, but wanted to see her, so why not? Turns out, it was a fantastic movie. I may even buy it when it comes out on video. Very, very funny.

And in bed early last night.

And here we are today, back at work, back to back to back meetings and I take minutes for all of them. And I'm not the least bit good at it and I hear about how not good I am at it at every meeting. Yet they don't get anyone else to do it. Fun, huh?

Tonight is my massage, tomorrow is walking with the gals, Wednesday I may join Jamie at the spa for a pedi (if I can find room in the budget), Thursday is walking with Jamie and Friday is.....um. I got nothing for Friday. How can I be so busy all weekend, but have nothing planned for the weekend?

I was supposed to have an Actual Date this past weekend, but the guy never called me to make the plan. Can you believe that? He passed THIS up! Silly man. If he calls, I may give him another chance. Maybe.

Feel the power.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just saw Juno this weekend, too. All of us loved it. Very funny, great plot, and delightful characters.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you hadn't heard of Juno! Definitely on my list to see. And give him a chance or not give him a chance - the choice is totally yours! Don't know that I would though!