Monday, February 11, 2013

Must Have Been The Sugar

One small change that I noticed today is that when I woke up at 6:20am (after going to bed at 11:30pm - no one told me Downton Abbey was two hours last night!), I decided to just get up and get going.  I had my therapist, Ruth, at 7:30am, so I needed to wake up earlier than usual anyway.  Why not go ahead and get up and have some spare time to pack some food to take to work?

Who is this woman, you say?  I KNOW!

And when I got to Ruth's, I had a voicemail from her - her daughter is sick and she debated too long about leaving her for an hour to come to our appointment, but decided she just couldn't and could we reschedule.

Well, sure!  This just means I'll get to work 45 minutes earlier than normal, which means I get to leave 45 minutes earlier than normal, and how is that a bad thing?

Also helping me today - I'm wearing my Miz Mooz boots.  So comfortable.



And now that we're here at 12:34pm, I can share another change I've noticed.

I am not starving like usual.  Even with taking the prednisone this morning. 

Before I left home (and before I was really hungry) I had a bowl of Cleanse acceptable cereal, with almond milk, and a handful of blackberries.  At about 9:45am, I had a banana.  I finally just got a little rumble in my tummy, so I'm having lunch.  I won't tell you what it is.  You won't approve.  You'll make retching noises and mutter to yourself, "Gah, how can you eat that?" 

I know you.  Mother.

Anyway, so far so good.  Still feeling somewhat energetic (maybe I should just say "awake") and not hungry.  I guess it was all of the refined sugar in my system that made my stomach growl all day long?  I don't know how long it takes to get all that out of my system, but I'm guessing after three days you start to feel it.  I'll have to look that up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not telling me what you're eating. I may not feel so good if I know! Love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

So glad that your feet are clad in those cool new boots. Better to kick whatever is bugging your liver in the ass with, yes?! Ah, the joys of getting older...
Hugs!
Trixie