Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Cleanse Day 2

So, I didn't blog on Day 1.  Shoot me.  I'm a busy woman.

Anyway!

On Saturday morning, I was actually out of bed at 9am.  And I had energy!  Todd and I got up, he made some oatmeal with raisins and walnuts (and almond milk, thankyouverymuch), we had a lovely breakfast and then I purged the kitchen.

I put the coffee pot away, and replaced it with the blender.  I moved all the teas down in the cabinet, and the coffee up to the top.  On to the pantry, I moved all of the stuff that's still edible, but not allowed on The Cleanse down to the bottom shelf, including all of the baking stuff.  I moved the normal food (mac-n-cheese, Triscuts, chips, pasta) to the left side of the pantry, and started The Cleanse food on the right side of the pantry.  I threw out expired stuff.  Including my CoCo Wheats.  That hurt.

Then I went to the fridge and did same thing - normal food on the top shelf and deli drawer, The Cleanse food on the middle shelf, joint drinks on the bottom shelf.  And then the same thing with the spice and oils cabinet.

PURGING FEELS GOOD.

And then it was time to shop!

We actually did the bulk of the grocery shopping at Safeway, then went on to Trader Joe's to supplement with things like almond butter, sunflower seed butter, rice pasta, rice crackers, apple crackers, and fruit juices.

Side note: when these cleanse is done, dinner will be a tub of Cookie Butter and $30 glass of wine.  Oy.  Oh, and Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Covered Marshmallows.

Gaaahhh...

Wait.  Where was I?

Grocery shopping!  So, anyway, we did a huge trip, came home and organized.

And WALA!


Beautiful, huh?



Stocked!

The first day of The Cleanse went fine.  I think the hardest part was the powder crap I'm supposed drink twice a day.  It's horrid. In the morning I tried it with water (HA!  no.) and that evening, Todd made a smoothie.  Even with the smoothie, it was hard.  That stuff is strong.

My stomach is have a bit of a time adjusting, and Todd's head is fuzzy from the lack of caffeine, but we don't feel deprived.  The fact that we can eat brown and white rice makes up for a lot.  And today, I'm finding that my back is aching, which is expected (muscle aches) because I'm detoxing from refined sugars, but I also have a crap load of energy.  More energy than I've had in a long time.  I was up at 9:30am, had breakfast, showered, took Kayleigh to Target for clothes, picked up her friend Darian, came home, cleaned the bathroom, dusted, vacuumed, started laundry and then laid down for an hour and a half to watch a movie that our friend is in (but I did not nap!)

That was a nice rest, but afterwards, I made dinner, then cleaned up, swept the kitchen and am now camped out on the couch getting ready for Downton Abbey.

It's a lovely Sunday

1 comment:

Dee said...

Good job girl! Hope you feel awesome when the cleanse is done!