Thursday, February 28, 2013

Happy Day, Oh Happy Day!

I saw Dr. D on Tuesday.  Had a blood draw (a bad, bad blood draw, complete with tunnel vision and nausea) and after not getting the results the next day like usual, I finally called Dr. D's nurse today and begged her to call me. 

Dr. D had said that if the enzymes were back down, great, we'd wean off the prednisone and hope for the best.  But if the levels were still high, then we needed to try another, more complicated, medication.  And before he prescribed this more complicated medication, he would want to do a liver biopsy to be absolutely sure what we're dealing with. 

Biopsy.

The procedure doesn't scare me.  Needle in, suck a little liver out, all good.  It's that word "biopsy".  Scary word.

Needless to say, I was freakin' the &*$# out by this afternoon because I still hadn't gotten the test results.  So I called.  Because I am the squeaky wheel.

And happy happy joy joy, that magic number (which, at the beginning of December, was 280) was a mere 58.  Woohoo!  I don't know if it's the cleanse or the no alcohol or the lack of azathioprine, but regardless, the liver is getting better!

No biopsy!

**********

Speaking of the azathioprine, Dr. D said that's usually what they use to get people off the prednisone.  Unfortunately, when my liver processed the azathioprine, it turned it into a toxin.  Which made my liver flare up.

Ha!

Fantastic.

*********

And speaking of The Cleanse, my new favorite salad is salmon and beet with a vinaigrette dressing.  Sounds icky, huh?  It's not.  It is delicious.  If you like fish and beets.  Which I do.

**********

This weekend is Emerald City Comicon.  I will not be going.  We don't have anything to promote this year, so Todd is working it with a friend, shooting video.  No sitting in booth for three days!

I am essentially on my own this weekend (probably good I'm not drinking these days, huh?) so I've got big plans.  A little sleeping in, a little shopping, a little reading, maybe a nap.  Then Trish and I have some girl bonding planned for Saturday night (it might involve sparkly vampires.  I'm not at liberty to say, really), and hopefully I will get some Steph time on Sunday.  I should probably do some laundry at some point, too.

Anywho, ECCC, girl bonding.  Big weekend.

And only eight days left on The Cleanse!  Then bring on the wine and cupcakes!

No comments: