Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend Update

We had big plans for this past weekend.  We were supposed to go to our friend's house on Vashon Island to write a script with a few other writers, but as the Universe would have it, everything fell apart around 11:30am on Friday (after I'd already taken the day off).  The rest of Friday was spent cleaning and killing time until dinner.  And I was cranky.

Saturday was spent making up our lack of exciting weekend to Kayleigh who was extremely disappointed we didn't get our weekend away.  So, we to see Django Unchained (which I had planned to sleep through, but I actually liked it and watched all three hours of) and have lunch at Blue C.  But my mood was still sour and Mercury went into retrograde, so everything was outta whack and I was still cranky.

And Sunday, Todd spent most of the day playing his Star Wars game online while I toodled around, read some of my book, napped, cleaned a little and generally tried to recuperate.  Kayleigh and I went to try and get her ears pierced (for the third freakin' time because her holes keep closing) but the beauty shop in the Junction is closed on Sundays (gah!) so we hit some consignment stores, where I treated myself to a pink leather purse.  Dammit.

So there.

Todd and I also went an perused PCC where we bought an $8 loaf of gluten free bread.  Very exciting.

**********

I am on day 17 of The Cleanse.  The last four days were detoxing, but now I'm back on white rice and other grains and milk substitutes.  I can also eat any veggies and fruits I want.  Life is good.

Well, good except for the lack of coffee, wine and chocolate.  But, you know.  Whatever.

Todd is still eating the good stuff along with me, but he's incorporated meat back in already.  I get that on Day 21.  If I want.  I'm pretty happy with my fish.

**********

I miss being dehydrated.  I am up at least once a night to pee.  And that disrupts my sleep and makes me cranky.  (Well, what doesn't, really?)  Anywho, I try to not drink anything after 8pm, but regardless, I'm still up and stumbling to the potty in the middle of the night.  Grrr.


**********

I see my liver doctor tomorrow.  I am very anxious to see what my levels are now.  I should know within a day or so.  I'll keep you posted.

Oh, also had my "well woman" exam today.  I've skipped the last couple of years, but figured it was maybe time to go have the old reproductive parts checked out.  She said everything seemed to be a-okay, but I'll get test results back within the week.

Funny thing - you know how prednisone suppresses the immune system?  Well, suppressing the immune system can also lead to abnormal pap results.  Fantastic!  Because I don't have enough shit to worry about right now.

**********

On a positive note, the doctor's scale said I was down to 176.  We'll see how that compares with Dr. D's scale tomorrow.  Todd says I look less puffy and a little "tighter".  I'm not seeing it, but that doesn't mean it's not happening.

**********

And now, a picture of the kitties.


I do love weekend mornings with my kitties.

No comments: