Thursday, May 10, 2012

Visiting the Folks, Day 2

* Slept until about 9:30am.

* Coffee, English muffin, Live with Kelly.  I think I might kind of like the show.  Could just be my environment.

* Time to clean up.  Get pretty.

* Mom runs off to the store and I clean her shower stall.  We got some Oxy Kaboom that just eats through the soap scum on the shower doors.  I take a toothbrush to the track and get all that pink crap out.  I wipe around the top lip of the surround, I scrub the walls and polish up the fixtures.  Oh, and I get absolutely soaked in the process.  So that's fun.

* I rest my eyes.  Cause I've worked hard.

* Time for lunch!  Ham sandwich.

* Bonding with mom.  A little computer help.  Pretty easy stuff this time.  Except the new tablet, complete with keyboard, is proving to be a piece of crap.  So there's talk of buying a netbook before I leave.

* Car ride up the cemetery to say hi to granny.  No stopping at the creek.  No other visiting.  Just granny.  On the ride home, mom decides she needs her bangs cut.  So we head to her salon so Sabrina can trim her up for the alumni banquet that we're attending this weekend.

* Back home, a little snoozing, then time for dinner!  Roast, mashed potatoes, green beans, apple sauces and Ellen on the TV.

* I honestly cannot remember what we did after dinner.  I'm gonna say nap.

* "American Idol" elimination show.  Holly is outta here.  Good riddance.

* A little HGTV.  "Selling LA."  I both love and hate this show.  My goodness, the houses!  But they never make a decision.  The ending is always "So and so is still looking for a house" or "So and so decided they weren't ready to buy".   Well, then why make a damn show about it?  I need closure!

* Time to call my honey and bed down.  Sweet, sweet bed.

**********

Pic(s) of the day:

Blurry pic, but mom is smiling.  And that's rare.

Me, exercising.  Kind of.  Not really.  But it makes them laugh.

No comments: