Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Employment Free - Day 1

First and foremost, I slept until 9am.  Yeah, baby.

I got up, had a little breakfast, had a little tea, surfed a little of the interwebs, then showered and got into my cleaning clothes.  So many projects, so little time!!

First up, under the kitchen sink.  It was disgusting.  That took all of 20 minutes.

But then, the pantry.  And I took pictures!!


This walk in pantry is one of the reason we bought this house.  You just can find space like this in old craftsman houses.  I don't know what we'd do without this thing.

But, as you can see, it tends to get a little out of control.  It's part tool shed, part pantry, part storage.  Too much crap.

So I moved the big tools downstairs to the bottom laundry shelf.  Which required cleaning the laundry shelf, and pulling out the laundry shelf and vacuuming behind it, then vacuuming the whole downstairs and the stairs themselves.  But back to the pantry.


Wala!  The goal was to be able to access all of the platters and entertaining stuff I use.  I had trays and platters and bowls strewn all over the kitchen.  But now, they're on that top shelf.  Easy to get to.  The toolbox is still down there, with the hammer and mallet and some other handy stuff.  All tidy. 

For about two hours.  Then I went into the pantry to throw something in the compost (that white trashcan on the right) and saw this:


It's like we have gnomes that go behind me and mess stuff up.  And I think we know who those gnomes are, don't we?  Grrr.

Tomorrow, I think I'll tackle the crawl space at the bottom of the basement stairs.  I bet a lot of that crap could go to Goodwill.  Look out - Rae-rae's purging!!

No comments: