Friday, June 3, 2011

Country Bumpkin, The Final Day

* Awake at 8am, and waiting until 8:30am so I can call Kayleigh and wish her fun on her Disneyland trip.

* I call, but Kayleigh is sick and has made the very adult decision to not go on the trip.  I feel so bad for her.

* Bunnies!  There are two rabbits out back, a male and female.  And the male is feelin' frisky!  The female is having none of it.  She bitch slaps him a couple of times and hops away, but he is undeterred.  Goober is crouched down in the grass, acting like he's going to pounce but he won't.  Because he's a wussy.

* And then out of nowhere!  A doe!  The male rabbit leaps about 10 feet in the air and both bunnies hop back into the woods.  Now we watch the deer eat.  It's so stressful out here in the country.

* Time for coffee and breakfast.  Biscuits and gravy.  Yeah, baby.

* I'm a bit subdued this morning.  I didn't fall asleep until 1am or so again, and I just don't feel very rested.  I lay down on the couch in Dad's room, just to rest my eyes for a bit.

* An hour later, I wake up and Mom's ready to make a grocery store and Dollar General run.  It's actually a tad cool out.

* But first, lets check the cute little bump.  Oh, he is PISSED.  More pissed than yesterday.  So we call the Belington clinic and leave a message for the doc.  Should we worry about this?

* Get the grocery shopping done and head back home to unload.  The doc calls back, maybe the sulfa pills just aren't strong enough.  Let's try a bigger, better antibiotic.

* I still need a little more rest, so I lay down on my bed.  Just to rest my eyes.

* A half an hour later, mom wakes me and asks if I'd like some lunch.  Well, sure.

* Have some lunch, get in some porch time, chit chat.

* Mom decides to take a quick drive and show me my cousin Laura's house.  I haven't seen Laura in...oh....15 years?

* After 15 minutes of driving on a very curvy road, we find Laura's house.  And it's just lovely.  Laura is home, so we pop in (it's the way of the hillbillies) and I get to meet her two little kids.

* Back home to lay down.  My stomach is queasy.  I'm not used to these country roads.

* An hour later mom wakes me up to see what I'd like to do for dinner.  I do not want to get in a car.  I mean it.

* But I do.  We go pick up a pizza for them, a salad for me, and my new antibiotic.

Side note:  I'm nervous that this stronger version will tear up my stomach; I'm flying out tomorrow.  And I do not want an upset stomach while I'm traveling.  Did I mention Pittsburgh to Atlanta to Seattle?  With a three hour layover in Atlanta?  Rae-rae splurged for business class.  Again.  So I'll hold off on the new antibiotic until I see my doctor on Monday.

* I eat my salad, then paint my fingernails to match my toenails.  Hussy red!  Then love on the kitty for a bit.  Goober has been a little weird the last couple of days, so we've been giving him extra attention.

* The deer arrive for their evening dinner.


* More porch time.  Then evening TV and blogging.

Not an exciting last evening of vacation, but hey.  It's relaxing.  And that's the point, right?

**********

Pic(s) of the day:

Come with me.
You're walking into the outbuilding....



What's this?  Plastic and PVC pipe?



Why, it's Daddy's manfort!



Complete with TV and heater.  I do love my daddy.

No comments: