Sunday, May 29, 2011

Country Bumpkin, Day 2

* Up at 8am.  What the hell?  Mom's still sleeping in the recliner.

* Breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast, coffee.  Love it.

* Lounging on the porch.  A little computer work.  Mom has Windows Live now AND we got her contacts imported!

* Shower, get pretty.

* Mark, the neighbor, and his three absolutely freakin' adorable kids come over.  Ages 3, 4 and 5.  Yes, I'm serious.  I even get some hugs.  As well as some funny looks.  Maybe I had a booger.

* Over to Hippy's to transfer pictures from Mom's old hard drive to her external hard drive.  But the external hard drive is much too fast for her old computer, so we have to use Hippy's older EHD to transfer everything.  It took 3 hours.

* Meanwhile, cuddling with kitties and talking about marriage on the porch.  Oh, and it's 90 degrees.  My boobs sweat.  I miss Seattle.

* Finally home.  Grab dad and off to dinner in Elkins.  Mexican food.  We are the only people in the restaurant.  Huh.

* Quick stop at Kroger for necessities - wine, chocolate cake, wine, potatoes and cinnamon rolls.  And, oh yeah, another bottle of wine.

* Home and on the porch.  Ah.

* I convince my parents to watch Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, which I bought them for Christmas and was still in it's original wrapping.  I think Mom liked it - she laughed a couple times, but Dad wasn't sold.  He kept looking at me at the corner of his eye like "What the hell is this?" 

* Back on the porch to read until Dad comes out and we start chatting and singing old songs.  "Just let your love flow, like a mountain stream...."  Takes me back to 1977....

* Time for cake!  A small piece.  And maybe another glass of wine.  And a little vanilla ice cream.  WHAT?  I'M ON VACATION.

* Time to blog, while Mom watches NASCAR.  Kyle Busch keeps spinning out.  Ah, poo. 

* Dad goes to bed.  Goober is crashed at my feet.  Mom's dozing beside me.  It's a good day.

**********

Pic of the day:


Could I BE any more pale?  For the love of puppies!

This is Grey, Hippy's cat.  Such a lover.  And a drooler. 

And are those dents in my legs? 
Okay, no more cake.

(Mom says "Or wine!"  Bwhahahahahaha.  Funny woman.....)

1 comment:

The Hamilton's said...

LOL about being the only people in the Mexican restaurant! Maybe everyone was just cooking out since it was a holiday weekend. Ha!

I can totally picture Steve looking at you out of the corner of his eye with that thought!

You sound like me with deciding *what* to give up to lose weight!