Thursday, January 6, 2011

Potty Talk

Upon my umpteenth trip to the bathroom today, the phrase “I’m peeing my freakin’ head off!” ran through my head.

I crack myself up.

And speaking of the bathroom, maybe one of you can shed some light on a cultural practice.

CB and I have both noticed that there are some women, most often Asian women, who wet a paper towel and take it with them into the stall.  Do I dare ask what they do with that paper towel?  I’m assuming I know (deductive reasoning and all) but I’m just curious.  I don’t know anyone to ask – I’m not that close with any of the Asian women in my office.

Also, some women wash their hands before they go into the stall, too.  And then when they come out.  Very hygienic.  Is that a cultural thing?

I’ve been drinking a lot of water today.  Hence, the potty talk.

3 comments:

Lucy Leadskin said...

Washing hands pre-peeing spares your lady parts any extra visitors (read: cooties, germs, etc). You've been handling stuff all day, who knows where it's been. Clean hands going into a stall nixes that (ideally - even stall door closures can be filthy).

Wet paper towels = cleaner lady parts. 'Nuff said.

xo!

Anonymous said...

When it's tampon or moon cup (you seriously have to google this one) changing time, then washing hands before entering the stall is essential. And no, I'm not Asian.

Raechelle said...

Oh, I know about the moon cups, Anon. No thank you. Actually, (WARNING: TMI) I don't use tampons either (makes me nauseous), so it never occured to me to wash up before you go potty. But that makes perfect sense. Except for the "older" ladies who probably don't need tampons anymore. Maybe old habits die hard?

Thanks for the insight!