Friday, May 28, 2010

Random Thoughts

For some reason, rolling my jeans up so that some ankle shows instantly makes any outfit a summer outfit. Even if I’m still wearing my hoodie and sneakers.

**********

How hard is it to raise your hand and wave as a thank you when I let you in front of me?

I don’t have to let these people in front of me every morning. I could be a bitch like most everyone is to me and speed up so they can’t get in front of me. Because you just KNOW that if I do that I will make to work much faster than that jackass who wanted in front of me.

Come on, people. I’m just as cranky as you are about having to drive to work every morning. But be a sport and show me a simple sign of gratitude with your little hand in the air. It will make me smile and I’d do the same for you.

**********

I laughed out loud when I saw this:


And then thought, damn I need a haircut.
It’s too long. I want it shorter.

**********

I also laughed out loud when I saw this:


And then I thought, damn, I’m fat.

I have gained a noticeable amount of weight in the last year. Happiness and all, I guess. Gotta work on that.  Not the happiness part.  But the constant celebration of my much deserved happiness.  However, that doesn't really seem fair, now does?  I worked hard for this happiness!  I should be able to celebrate with sweets and alcohol!  All the freakin' time!

Sigh.

Maybe a kickboxing class?

Maybe not shoveling Napoleon ice cream, birthday cake, chocolate of all varieties, work doughnuts and my newest love, fried bananas into my face 11 months out of the year?

Yes, how about we start there?

**********

A large number of my friends are pregnant right now. Therefore, I am not drinking the water. Period.

**********

We’re coming up on a long weekend. And believe it or not, Todd and I have one firm plan down on the calendar. And even that is kind of flexible.

I’m not complaining. Really. Just reveling in the fact. That’s all.

********

I have “I wanna go home to the Armadillo…..” stuck in my head.

If you live in Texas, you know the song.

**********

I get to sleep in three days in a row. 
I am giddy.

**********

And finally, a new want:






From Staples.  They have them in pink, too.  My new laptop needs a cushy home when I travel.

Because you know I do that so much now.

No comments: