Thursday, January 7, 2010

Updates and Random Thoughts

First, a mom update.

She’s leaving the hospital today! And her parting gift will be a lovely, “life vest” defibrillator!

When I talked to her this morning, she hadn’t gotten the details of the “life vest” so she’s not sure how long she’ll have to wear it. I’ve read up on these (because that’s what I do when one of my parents end up in the hospital – I learn about all kinds of good stuff! It’s like medical school, but cheaper) and sometimes these “life vests” are the interim step before one gets a pacemaker. Mom said there was no mention of a pacemaker in her situation, so hopefully this is just a temporary piece of flair.

**********

In other news…

I finally broke down and shaved my legs last night, only to realize today, while wearing a skirt, that I completely missed my knees. How does that happen after 20 years of shaving?

**********

I was super strong and passed on the sour cream and guacamole when I got my baja bowl from Taco Del Mar today.

See?

My new year’s slim down plan is still right on target.

Forget the country chicken smothered in sausage gravy last night from the Charlestown Café. Just….just….disregard that…

**********

I am FREEZING in my office. Okay, could be the skirt.
But they won’t let us have space heaters! Unbelievable.

So I suggested the company purchase us all Snuggies – complete with our logo.

I was laughed at.

**********

Despite my half asleep mood on Tuesday, this week has flown by. What is up with that? If this in any indication of how 2010 is going to be, I'm already exhausted.

Whew.

1 comment:

TD said...

I *knew* you went to TDM for lunch!

Naughty girl...