Thursday, June 25, 2009

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Apparently, the Universe is one ticked off little chicky.

It's rumored that Micheal Jackson has died. This new drama just adds to an already surreal week of celebrity news. Farrah Fawcett is gone. Ed McMahon is gone. We all know there's a third on the way. Maybe it is Michael, but don't we usually get a little break in between?

Not today.

We have been bombarded with some clear signs. We are getting older. Our idols and teen crushes are dying. Is this how people felt when Elvis died? Someone completely larger than life passes away and all we can say is, "Huh." Or we start reminiscing.

I had Thriller posters on my wall. I'm not embarrassed.

Todd and I were singing a Michael Jackson song last week. "Rock With You", I think. Kayleigh asked who sung it. And our jaws dropped. So, Todd pulled up the video on YouTube. She said, "Oh! I know him!"

Whew.

Because if Kayleigh didn't know who Michael Jackson is, I would lose it.
I mean it.

3 comments:

Lucy Leadskin said...

MJ died today, a little after noon, of a myocardial infarction (it's believed). EMTs got to his house around 12.30 to find him unconscious and not breathing. They tried CPR with no success, and brought him to hospital. It's believed he was already dead by the time help arrived at the house.

The man was a freak, but what a musical genius freak he was. He's an amazing dancer, going on to inspire many, many other pop stars. And I gotta admit, I do covet some of his performance outfits. WOW.

Today's post brought to you by the veriword "remerphi" - Greek goddess of reshaping.

Dee said...

Totally agree with the previous comments. In fact I was going to use the exact same word - Michael Jackson had indeed turned into a freak (of sorts) but he was the King of Pop. It's sad.
Poor Farrah Fawcett didn't even get her day of death to herself - it was sort of overshadowed by MJ. That's sad too.
And thank goodness Kayleigh knew who Michael Jackson was!

Anonymous said...

I think MJ's passing saddened my heart more than any celeberity ever has, including Elvis. I honestly believe that the world's greatest entertainer is gone and that is so sad. He was someone who you just never think of as ever dying.....and yeah, I'm glad too that Kayleigh knew who he was - everyone should know.

Mom