Monday, May 18, 2009

Our Family is Getting Bigger!


A few of you just had heart palpitations reading the title, didn't you? You thought I put the baby meter back together and wound it up. Ha. Silly reader.

This is Tom.

Elvis has been lonely since Wiley left, so we decided he could use a buddy. Tom is precious and very loving. He'll climb right up on you and nuzzle you. He's a rescue. He'd been kept in a chicken coop, with chicken poop, which burned the pads on his paws and made some of his fur fall out. But that was a year ago, and since then, his fur is coming back and his paws are all better.

So far, he and Elvis seem to get along just fine. We thought Elvis would be the alpha male, but no. He just flops over on his side and meows at Tom. He was rushing Tom last night, but once he'd get up to him, Elvis would just stop and just look at him. Silly Elvis.

4 comments:

Cole said...

He is adorable, congrats!

Kristin said...

Aww...I'm sure Tom is happy he has a nice family to live with now!

The Mysterious Traveler said...

What a sweet little kitty! I've just adopted a stray tomcat, also orange a white, I've named Mr. Garibaldi after the Babylon 5 security chief. Kitties are good karma, and it sounds like Elvis is taking to him.

The Hamilton's said...

Awww...he reminds me of my little of my Toonces (RIP). Very sweet!