Monday, February 23, 2009

No Colposcopy For You!

So, I got all the way to the doctor's office, got down to that tiny sheet around my bare bottom, and Jamie (gawd bless her) was sitting next to me asking, "Ya doin' okay? Everything okay?"

Then the doctor came in, we started talking about my history and recent love of pap smears and she mentioned HPV and how it was responsible for 99% of all abnormal paps so we'll test for that and then........

Um. I thought you knew.

I've had two (count 'em - TWO) HPV screenings and BOTH were negative.

Negative.

Oh, she says. Well then. You don't need a colposcopy! I guess your GP was just being extra thorough.

Apparently, the two (count 'em - TWO) negative HPV screens takes away any concern there may be. So, yes, abnormal results, but no, nothing to worry about.

And no snipping of the cervix cells. Yay!

She offered to take a peek at my cervix and even do yet another pap if I wanted, but I was all papped out so I said no thanks. I'm all good.

We'll wait until my next annual in October (be sure to remind me if I don't blog about it by about October 20th), and if that one comes back abnormal, well we might think about a colposcopy. But until then, no need to stress.

Well, okay fine.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, well I commented too fast on your other blog before reading this one. Good for you! Hopefully everything comes back fine in October!