Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Random Thoughts

Happy Veteran's Day!

I have to work today. Half of the campus isn't working today, but half of the campus is. And we're a little cranky about it. Maybe it's just me.

**********

My first official evening at the DowningMarsh household was lovely. TBBE had dinner ready when I got home and the kids fought to clean up afterwards. Wonder how long this whole impress-the-new-family-member will last.

How about years? Can we say years?

**********

Remember all of that stress and exhaustion I wasn't feeling during the move? Yeah, that's all caught up to me now.

We went to bed at 9:30 last night (after dozing on the couch for half an hour) and when the alarm went off this morning, I was just mad. I remember waking up a few times last night, so apparently I didn't get that solid nine hours of sleep.

And you know how Rae-rae likes her sleep.

So, I'm dragging a bit today. It doesn't help that the kids had the day off, which meant Todd could sleep in a little, too. Maybe they'll feel guilty for having such a relaxing day and they'll pamper me with wine and love and chocolate when I get home.

Ha.

**********

Just got an email at work that we are participating in a country wide hospital disaster drill in the next week or two.

The name of the drill?

PANDEMONIUM.

From Merriem-Webster.com:
Main Entry: Pan·de·mo·ni·um
Function: noun
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek pan- + daimōn evil spirit — more at demon.
Date: 1667
1: the capital of Hell in Milton's Paradise Lost
2: the infernal regions : hell
3: a wild uproar : tumult

How the hell are we supposed to be calm during a drill called PANDEMONIUM?

**********

My gawd, is it 4:30 yet?

**********

I scheduled a haircut for tomorrow. I feel frizzy. I'm thinking layers. Lots and lots of layers. Might go a smidge shorter, too. My hair is so long right now that when I sit back against my chair and then turn my head, my hair gets caught. It bugs me.

**********

I am treating myself to a soda pop today.
Letting the belching commence!

**********
Okay. I think my lunch is up. I should go.
I will leave you with this moving photo. In honor of our veterans and heroes.


No comments: