Monday, November 10, 2008

West Seattlite

As TBBE wrote, the move was absolutely painless. Yes, it was hard to leave Ballard, but not as hard as I thought it would be. Guess I was more ready for the transition than I thought. Dare I say, I was excited? Raff did comment on how cute my apartment was, and I immediately stopped him. "Don't even say it. It's hard enough to leave it. Just tell me what a dump it is." My apartment was good to me and got me through a rough time. But now, things aren't rough anymore. It's time to move on. Start a new chapter. A better chapter.

So, after a flat two hour move, and a big ol' lunch, I stood in the bedroom, looking around. And I felt the twinges of option paralysis. What to do first?

Lay down. That’s what. What’s the point in rushing?

I got my clothes put away (see: tossed into drawers) and some of the bathroom unpacked. Then it was time to gussy up and head out to Jamie’s cocktail party. Which was a blessing in disguise. That just meant I couldn’t overdo it and work until the wee hours of the morning.

I bartended for the first time ever. A pretty easy first time gig. The options were wine or champagne. Jamie likes to keep it simple. Todd stuck with me, while occasionally making a food run so we could nibble in between serving. It was a lovely evening. Jamie throws a beautiful party.

After the party, home and straight to bed. Busy, busy day.

I wasn’t as productive as I would have liked to have been on Sunday, but again, being forced to stop to go see Jason Mraz was a blessing. And it was a great show. Well, it was after I told the guy next to me that he had dog crap on his shoe and wouldn’t be able to focus on the music unless something was done immediately. My gawd, the stench. He ended up going to the restroom and cleaning up. And he thanked me profusely.

After the concert, home and straight to bed. Another busy day.

Tonight, I will get my computer and desk set up and maybe work on the bathroom some more.

And I’m very much looking forward to having dinner with my family.

No comments: