Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble Gobble

It’s that time once again. Where we cook too much food, drink too much wine and watch football. I love Turkey Day.

And I know you must get sick of me reminiscing, but I can’t help but think back to where I was a year ago.

I don’t need to go into the whole my-life-is-so-much-happier-now ramble. You know all that.

Oh, but I sense that tonight, I will be right back on track with the Pre-Turkey Day Freakin’ Out. We have four people coming over tomorrow for dinner so I need to vacuum (the actual highlight of the night!) and clean the bathroom and we have to put the leaf in the dining table and Kayleigh wants to make Irish soda bread and my jeans stink so I should probably do some laundry and I promised Tyler I would help him finish cleaning his room and Kayleigh’s clothes are all clean now but she’s completely out of room in her dresser drawers so we need to organize those so she can put her clothes away and I need to get in her closet and clean that out and help her organize it because right now there’s all this wasted yet useful space and then there’s our closet and my boots are just everywhere and where are we going to put all of the towels because right now half of them are piled up on the floor beside the bed because they won’t fit in the cabinet where the towels are so I should really get Todd to help me sort through them so we can put everything away and I bet the kids’ bathroom needs cleaned because what if someone needs to pee and the half bath upstairs is occupied?

Um…

Where was I?

Oh, right.
I need to vacuum tonight.

That is all.

Happy Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the fun is starting already. I love you on holidays! (TD's in for quite the treat, huh? - Does he know that yet?)

Mom

TD said...

It's like watching a police riot during a hurricane. At the circus. On the Fourth of July.

Fortunately, I can take that much awesome. :-)



(Word Verification: "wanab", or "wanna-be". What is it trying to tell me?)

Anonymous said...

There's just NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! You 2 were made for each other. Police riot . . . hurricane . . . circus . . . that's just hilarious!

Glad the 2 of you are together to enjoy these kinds of days and start making your own traditions. Love You - MM