Tomorrow I will be at Shaun's, eating potroast, greenbean casserole and cheesecake. I could have made a turkey, but it's a lot of work for just two people. So, potroast it is.
Everything is so different. My life is so different. And I'm not sure I like it too much right now. So this is my attempt to be positive and, for a brief period, not dwell on the shit that is my life.
What am I thankful for?
- Tissues with lotion. I'm going through them like....well.....tissues.
- Coldplay and the song Fix You. "Tears stream down your face, I promise you I will learn from the mistakes"
- My bathroom. Because it looks beautiful in the candlelight when I'm taking a bubble bath. As do my pretty, red toenails.
- All of the people who invited me to their Thanksgiving dinner because they knew this was the first one without Steve.
- My Sheauns. For more things than I could possibly ever list here.
- The cards that my family members are sending me telling me things will get better.
- Chocolate covered cherries.
- Steve. For still being my friend.
- The nurse at work who looks like mom and lets me hug her when I'm sad.
- The pretty pink pills that my doctor prescribed yesterday to help me to stop crying and maybe even sleep through the night.
- Wendy. For saying the F word a lot with me while she was here (and on the phone this afternoon). She understands how therapeudic it is.
- The quarter I found in my jewelry box, of all places. It's laundry day and I was one measly quarter short.
- Seinfeld. Because no matter how bad I'm feeling, it will make me laugh. Without a doubt.
- Crazy Aunt Purl's blog. Someone forwarded it to me and I'm addicted. She's written about every emotion I've gone through for the last few months. I don't know her, but I know her.
Happy Turkey Day.