Sunday, June 1, 2008

There's No Denying It Now

I think a self portrait makes it official.

Drumroll please......


Todd and I are dating.

[applause]

To be honest, I'm still wrapping my head around it. And he is well aware of this. It's more change. Good change, but change nonetheless. I just got used to the fact that I can be alone without turning into a sobbing ball of goo. I can be single and happy. What growth!

And then completely out of the blue, when I was least expecting it, this giant of a manly man who makes me laugh until my throat hurts crosses my path and wham. Instant Nora Ephron movie.

It's funny how these things work.

7 comments:

TD said...

Awww, well said, babe. Of course it helps that I like Nora Ephron.

So what's the netiquette here? Are we allowed to comment on each other's blogs?

This is gonna be so much entertainment for both our readerships. ;-)

Casey Broughton said...

Nice!! :D

Hey - I will be in Seattle on June 21st. Only have 2.5 hours but if you want to have coffee and meet we could squeeze it in. We are going to Turkey and coming back the 21st with a stop there. You said to let you know if I would be in town so I am! LMK.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Jeez - I don't read your blog for a few days and look what I come back to! ;>) You guys look great in your self portrait! I'm happy for ya!
Dee

Anonymous said...

I go on vacation for a week (a very long week without cell phone coverage or internet access) and I come back to learn that you have a boy! And a very cute one, I might add! :)

I'm happy for you dah'ling. Good thing you recently bought all new pretty skivies (or however the heck you spell that word!).

Anonymous said...

Ooohhh...Todd's a looker! Cute pic of you two. Very happy to hear the news. Of course, I've read parts of his blog - he seems very nice :) Go head wit yo bad self girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Delightful photo. Happy dating!
~ Marcia

H~ said...

YAY!!! Congrats to both of you!