Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Head, It Aches

I have a migraine again. Started yesterday, at lunch. Got the squigglies, an hour later the headache hit. Took Advil. It did no good.

So I went home last night, pulled the shades, and crawled into bed. I just wanted darkness.

It's better this morning, but my eyes are still sore. I was sitting in my office with the lights off and everyone, of course, had to pop their little head in and make some snarky comment. "You forget to pay your electric bill?" "Tryin' to create a mood in here?"

Sometimes, I hate this place.

Anywho, a facilities worker popped in for a different issue that I had called about (I'm very high maintenance today) and mentioned that I could request softer bulbs in my overhead lights. He hadn't even finished his sentence before I was on the work order website putting in my room and budget numbers. About 30 minutes later, Gordon showed up with new light bulbs. He said he wasn't sure they were softer, but we'll give it a whirl and see what we can do.

He spent 20 minutes in here trying different bulbs, taking one bulb out of each fixture, turning off one fixture completely. Anything to make it more bearable. We decided on the warmer bulbs (more red tones, instead of blue) and only one in each fixture instead of two. So far, not bad. The facilities guy suggested too that I get a flourescent bulb for my lamp. I'm thinking that will be too painful, but I'll give it a try. If I have to sit in this artificially lit closet all day, I need to to do something to make it easier on my head.

I also made an eye appointment for next week. Which should tell you how miserable I am. I'd rather throw my feet in stirrups and hang my naked ass off a table than get an eye exam. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

But it's been two years, so it's possible my deteriorating eyesight may have something to do with the headaches. Unfortunately, I don't think my ass is the culprit. Bummer.

No comments: