Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Think The Red Panties In The Bathroom Are Working!

Do you follow feng shui?

From Wikipedia:
"Feng shui is an ancient Chinese practice believed to utilize the Laws of both Heaven, (astronomy), and Earth, (geography), to help one improve life by receiving positive Qi."

An example? My bed is opposite the door in my bedroom, so my feet point out the door. This allows qi to move to quickly out of the room and that can cause restless sleep. The fix? Hang wind chimes between the end of the bed and the door to slow the qi down. Simple, huh? Also, you don't want a window at the head of your bed. The Qi will go right out the window. And you may worry about intruders while you sleep. So, the bed should be against a solid wall. And don't store things under the bed. Qi can't flow freely if there's all kinds of junk under there.

I'm not a strict feng shui-er, but I have some books, I know some things, and I try to keep these things in mind.

When Jamie first came over to my new place, she immediately noticed that my love corner was in my bathroom. She said I needed to throw some red lacey panties in there. Really get the good juju movin'.

Well, I'm not one to just toss panties on the floor and leave them there, but I hand washed my hanky pankies last week and hung them on the door knob to dry. And they look so pretty, I just left them.

I asked Jamie (at the girls' dinner Saturday night, after a couple of margaritas), "Do the panties have to be in the far corner of the love corner, or can they hang on door in the love corner's room?" She laughed and said, "I think on the door is fine, Raechelle."

So they're still hanging on the door. I also hung one of my new swanky nighties on the back of the door, just for good measure.

And this week, I've gotten asked out for two coffee dates. And rumor has it a third is hovering nearby. Hmmm....coincidence?

I think not.

No comments: