Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend Update....Still in Progress

Friday night, the Sheauns and I went to the Christoff Gallery in Georgetown to hear Paul Benoit and Chris Chandler play. I didn't know much about Paul, but after seeing in twice in one month, I like him a lot. McP bought his cd and it's already uploaded into iTunes.

Saturday afternoon, Kim and Milo came over.

Isn't he just the cutest? Kim left him here for a few minutes while she walked around the block. She wanted to see how he would do with someone new. He didn't even notice she was gone. And he knows me now. When she hands him to me, he buries his face in my shoulder and grabs onto me. Baby lovin'. Fantastic.

That evening, I went over to McP's to watch a couple of movies. One of which was Pirates of the Caribbean 3. I'd seen the first one. Very good. Missed the second one, but McP said it was good.

The third one? Oh my gawd.

I couldn't understand any of the dialog and had no idea what the point of the thing was. And two hours and forty minutes? Are you freakin' kidding me? Am I just old now? Remember when movies used to be a mere hour and a half? Just long enough so that you were thankful it was over, but not long enough to make your back hurt from all that sitting? Oy.

We also watched Family Guy's Star Wars movie. Only an hour long. And hysterial. I'm all about cheap humor.

Sunday, grocery shopping. Woohoo. And it was just beautiful here! Blue skies, 60 degrees.

Sunday night, pool (finally!) with the Sheauns. Until all the balls got stuck in the table and we couldn't play anymore. Home by 10pm. Yuck.

And today, beautiful again! Rachelle and Val are talking about going to a movie. Rachelle has had the flu for about three weeks now, so even though she says she's up for it, I don't think she's going to be. I need to make some calls and coordinate. Yes, it's a holiday from work, but I'm still coordinating gatherings. It's just who I am now.

No comments: