Monday, February 18, 2008

Ladies Who Lunch

So, the gals and I did not go to a movie. We couldn't find anything worth our $10. And since it was such a beautiful day, it was suggested we take a walk by the water. Rachelle called Val to run the plan past her.

And then I got a call from Val saying "We're going to be ladies who lunch. Carrie's coming with us. We'll be over in a half hour." Well, okay fine. Guess I should shower, no?

So, we walked down to the Old Town Alehouse in Ballard and had a nice Sex in the City type of afternoon. Lots of sex talk and "Does he do this? Cause I don't know what I'm supposed to do when he does this......" kind of conversations. I laughed a lot and smiled at the thought of how much better my life is these days.

Then we toodled in and out of the shops and I'll have you know I refrained from buying red patent leather boots that were a mere $39. Yes, they're kids' boots, but remember, I can wear kids' shoes. Oh, they were pretty. Shiney.

And then I came home and cleaned. Cause that's what I do.
And then took an hour long bath while I read Running With Scissors.

A good night, indeed.

No comments: