This came to me in an email, but since I don't like to forward these things (but I do love talking about myself), this is where the blog comes in handy!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
2. Real tree or artificial?
Real, now that I'm a Pacific Northwesterner.
3. When do you put up the tree? (I would like to take a minute to acknowledge the term "put up". Steve used to mock me for using "up". Putting up decorations, etc. I say Ha!)
Normally, the weekend after Thanksgiving. But with real trees, it's good to wait until the second weekend in December. Especially because of #4.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Around Valentine's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Oh god no. Drinking raw eggs? Aside from bodybuilders, who does that?
6. What was your favorite gift received as a child?
I can't pinpoint one thing, but I LOVED that there were unwrapped presents under the tree Christmas morning that weren't there the night before. That was the absolute best part.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope. Don't even have a village.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad. By the time I hear that he wants it, he's already gone out and bought it.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mom. If it's got a hummingbird on it, she's getting it for Christmas.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
The first one that comes to mind is the blue sweatshirt with a very large cat face on the front of it. I was 17. Mom remembers it. I tried to give it to her.
11. Mail or email cards?
Mail, of course! By the way, I mailed my cards last night and you'll just have to excuse the fact that they're metered. Sip-n-Ship was, again, out of holiday stamps and I just wanted to get the damn things mailed. I was even willing to go with the Kwanza stamps, just to stay in the spirit, but no. So they're metered. Please forgive me.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
The Ref, with Dennis Leary. Maybe the only Christmas movie with the F word in it. But I only have it on VHS now and I lost the VCR in the break up. Hint hint.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Chocolate covered cherries and chocolate covered peanuts. And chocolate covered anything, with chocolate sprinkles and chocolate sauce. With a side of chocolate.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear, although I have multi colored this year. I'm not happy about it. Long story. But the tree is pretty and that's all that matters.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
There's so many - Christians & the Pagens by Dar Williams, Fairytale of New York by the Pogues, Merry Christmas from the Family by Jill Sobule, Blue Christmas by Elvis.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
Um.....Sneezy, Dasher, Brian, Blitzen, Murray, Siegfried and Roy?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. I have a bell-wreath-thing. I improvised. I would prefer a star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning. Although my family always opened one the night before. Or as they arrived in the mail. Cause we're impatient like that.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The Salvation Army bells outside EVERY FREAKIN' STORE. I still give them money. I just hate those damn bells.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
All of the lights and the chance of snow.