Wednesday, December 19, 2007

S.L.U.T.

We have a new little trolley in Seattle. The South Lake Union Trolley. It took the city a while, but they finally realized its unfortunate acronym (after a group of people made up t-shirts), so now they're calling it a streetcar. So, S.L.U.S.C. This amazes me. NO ONE involved in this project put two and two together and recognized the acronym? NO ONE? These people are making important decisions about our city, but they didn't think of the acronym? Their KIDS probably thought of the acronym.

Anywho, it only took a week for the fun to begin:


New South Lake Union streetcar in collision
The orange South Lake Union streetcar ran into an SUV that crossed in front of it at Terry Avenue and Mercer Street this morning. The street car is back in service despite bumper damage seen here as it heads toward downtown Seattle.

My favorite part of the story: "was caused when the SUV ran a red light and was hit by the streetcar."

I believe it was just last night I was mumbling, on my drive home, because this stupid little street car is right smack dab in the middle of my way and, in my opinion, does nothing but screw up traffic just so people don't have to walk the 1.6 miles to downtown and how is this going to solve our traffic problem when this trolley runs ON THE STREET and the lights are all messed up so that the trolley can make it through the intersections, hopefully not getting hit by any cars.........where was I?

Oh yeah, it was merely a matter of time before the trolley hit some dumbass car that tried to outrun it. And wala.

Again, I have the magical ability to predict the future. You should fear me.

No comments: