Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Random Thoughts

Did I mention I bought my plane ticket home for christmas? I can't remember. I *finally* got my time approved (after I wrote out my resignation later and signed it, just in case it came to that) so I get the whole week of christmas off. Yay!

I almost bought an orange chair from Goodwill ($10!) for the living room last night. It was comfy and relatively unscathed. There were a couple of dirty patches but Kim bought me a steam cleaner for my birthday so I could have steam cleaned it. I was just about to go up to the front and tell them to load it up for me when I had a thought.....maybe I just smell it. See if it's musty, or if there were pets. And one quick smell was all it took. Apparently, it was at Goodwill for a reason. And the owner had a cat that wasn't litterbox trained. So, no chair. But I did buy a little coffee canister and two shirts.

I'm sitting here, eating my lunch (Amy's frozen teriyaki bowl), and I'm already thinking it's not going to be enough and what can I buy from the Bistro to supplement this. That's probably not good, is it?

I've had other random thoughts lately, but they're not coming to me right now. I need to start jotting these things down. I've had to starting making lists of things I need from the store because I just can't remember anything these days. Maybe my mind is enjoying not being responsible for a two people anymore so it's taking a bit of a vacation. I don't leave the house without my little list now. Colored key covers so I can distinquish my building key from my apartment key. A 2008 calender that will fit in my purse so I can keep my social calendar with me at all times. A staple gun so I can staple the 100 ft phone cord to the baseboards and the doorway trim because it's just resting there now and I know I'm going to trip on it. Things like that.

Where was I?
Oh, yes.

I can't think of any of my other random thoughts right now. Sorry.

No comments: