Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Update

Well. This is the first weekend that I've been been completely on my own. The majority of my buds are out of town so I don't have many people to call on for entertainment.

Friday night, I met up with a guy from work at the Lock & Keel for some pool. In my eyes, it was just a hangin' out thing. But in his eyes, apparently, it was a Full On Date. Needless to say, the night sucked. My buddies there were not happy at all that this guy was being so pushy and grabby. I just kept thinking, "I don't know how to do this anymore. I'm not used to being single and dealing with this." It was awkward and at times, frustrating, and now I know that some guys think "hang out and shoot pool" means something completely different. Lesson learned.

Since Friday night was so very bad, I stayed in bed all day Saturday. I mean, all day. I did leave the house for a half an hour to go rent two movies, but I got right back in bed after that. I actually slept a lot too, which tells me that my body was neglected and really needed the rest. Thinking back, I really haven't had much down time since the break up. I've been consumed with keeping myself busy. Which is dandy and all, but down time is very important too. Down time, though, reminds me way too much of high school and being friendless and crying myself to sleep at night because no one wants to hang out with me. Those memories are very powerful. And whatever I can do to avoid that feeling, I'll do. I guess at some point, I'm going to have to learn to deal with loneliness, huh?

I did shower today, and attempt to make a latte with Jessica's espresso machine, so I feel like I've been productive. I went over to Cyn's for a bit. We hung out on the couch and watched "Marie Antoinette", which was just odd. A~ came over, too, so it just became lazy fest. But then she went off to a bbq so I came back home....er...to Jessica's. And I'm hungry. I want sushi, but don't want to go to Blue C alone. Funny. When I was with Steve, I was fine going out to dinner by myself. I even enjoyed it. But now that it's not by choice, it sucks.

Okay, enough poor me crap. I'm going to go find someone to have dinner with.

No comments: