Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Visiting the Folks

It's that time of year again.  Time to head to West Virginia to be a country bumpkin for a week. 

However, this particular trip wasn't so great.  Got to the airport just fine.  Got my bag checked just fine.  And then came security. 

SeaTac now only has two options for the security line - x-ray or pat down.  I worked in a Radiology department.  I know not to go through the x-ray.  So I opted out and got the pat down.  Which, honestly, wasn't a big deal.  The young girl was cool, so I chatted with her and made some jokes.  I got to the gate fine, but my seat got changed.  I was very happy in the back row, against the window, but for whatever reason, I was moved to the seventh row.  Right behind first class.

And the seat was wet.  WTF?  I told the attendant, and she apologized profusely.  They switched out the cushion, but couldn't do anything about the sticky floor.  Apparently, a little girl that was sitting there spilled apple juice.  I guess it could have been worse.

I didn't sleep at all on the red-eye, which is odd for me, so by the time I got to Chicago at 5:45am, I was nauseous.  I ate a little breakfast, had a little coffee, then hopped on the puddle jumper to Pittsburgh.  And, boy howdy, was it a rough ride.  Dark clouds and turbulence the whole time.  Oy.

So, obviously, I wasn't looking too good by the time I met my folks in Pitt. 

But here we are at 7:30pm and I'm satiated and showered and feeling a bit better.  I also slipped a nap in there, so that helped.

Tomorrow is a run to Elkins (Wal-Mart, Kroger, K-Mart) and then some computer assistance.  I haven't looked at my to-do list yet, but mom assures me it isn't as bad as in the past.

No comments: