Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Aftermath

"Somebody better stick a camera up my ass today" - Rae-rae, checking into her colonoscopy appointment.

My procedure went swimmingly.  To quote my doctor's quick note on my chart "Good colon!"

However, when I tried to check in at 10am, they couldn't seem to find my appointment.  That's when I said the witty quote above.  They finally found my appointment, and after an hour of waiting, I was whisked away to a lovely prep bay.  I changed into my fabulous gown with matching robe and non-slip socks.  I answered all of the questions, got my wristband...and then my IV.

And let me tell you I was a big girl.  I didn't cry.  I didn't sweat.  I didn't punch the nurse.  She was very proud of me.  Because you know I told her she needed to prepare herself.  She put the IV in my hand, rather than the center of my elbow, so that helped a lot.

After that, I was escorted down to the procedure suite, where I laid on my side with all kinds of wires attached me.  The nurse said, "Okay, you'll start to feel a little sleepy..."  I remember blinking twice and noticing that the the computer monitor letters were getting blurry. 

And then I woke up with juice in my hand in the recovery room.  Poof.  The only evidence I have of something being done to me is the extra air in my intestines.  My middle is huge.  But other than than, nada.

Today, however, is a different story.

My head hurts and is still swimmy.  "Gassy" does not begin to describe my innards.  And I'm just mad.

It could be because, although I slept from 1:30pm to 6pm yesterday, and then went to bed at 11pm, I was up at 5:30am this morning to film episodes eight through 10 of The Collectibles.  In Bothell, which is 45 minutes away, where is was freakin' snowing.  I kid you not.

I made it until noon, but I was just angry and it was showing.  So I asked Todd to set up a ride home for him and Kayleigh, and I came home.  I slept for four hours, which helped the headache, but I'm still mad and still gassy.  It was nice to eat pasta for dinner, though.

I just got a text from Todd that they've wrapped and are on their way home, so it will be nice to hear about how things went today and watch a little footage.  I'm not sure if I'm up to filming tomorrow - we're looking at another 12 hour day.  Guess I'll see how I feel when I wake up at 5:30am tomorrow.

Ug.  I tell ya right now - 5:30am doesn't feel too good at all.  Maybe I should just go back to bed now.

No comments: