Monday, December 26, 2011

So, That Was Fun

Ah, another Christmas has come and gone.  One of my favorite lines in "Suddenly, It's Christmas" is:

"Christmas carols in December and November, too
It's no wonder we're depressed
When the whole thing is through"

It's over.  It's all over.  Time to take down the pretty lights and the pretty tree and the pretty village.  No more excuses for eating cookies all day.

Sigh.

I think I'm exhausted.  Maybe that's it.

Anywho, we did have a really good Christmas.  We didn't open presents until 8:30am or so - teenagers.  And after about two hours, Tyler had gone back out to his cottage, and we were curled up watching The Lion King.  And then Stand By Me.  And then Amadeus

It was a lovely day.

Steve and Steph stopped by for a few minutes that evening to exchange gifts (fluffy robe!!) and then it was back to movies.  Except The Tempest was horrible and Todd and I both fell asleep through it so we went to bed at 8:30. 

It's gray and dreary today, so I'm not motivated to do much of anything.  CB and I have talked about getting together, and I invited some friends over for dinner, but I still need to confirm with them.  Eh.  Whatever.  We'll see what happens. 

Merry Christmas!

No comments: