Friday, August 12, 2011

A Week Off

On the calendar, it's labeled "Raechelle's transitioning period".  I had lunch with my new boss on Monday, and if I wasn't excited enough about this new job, I'm freakin' ecstatic now.  It sounds like a great opportunity for me to run the show.  You know how I love doing that.

On Tuesday, Todd and I went to a Seahawks training camp.  It was only $5 a person, you park at a shopping center and take a school bus over to the field to watch the team practice for two hours. Easy, right?


Hellafreakin' long line of people (why aren't all of you at work?!) then once at the field, you threw down a blanket and kicked back and watched.  Oh, and there were two speakers blaring gangster rap, heavy metal and other "pump up the team" music.  After about 30 minutes, I asked one of the staff members if this shit plays for the entire two hours.  He told me yes.  The players make the playlist.  They like it.

Well, call me old, but it totally killed the fun.  I like hearing the players and coaches yell at each other and I could hardly hear Todd when he'd shout in my ear.  Luckily, after an hour, they turned the music off by some stroke of luck, and it was much more enjoyable. 

Note to self - been there, done that.  Don't need to do it again.

On Wednesday, I found it hard to get out of bed and do anything.  I think the reality of the situation sank in and I was just exhausted.  I did manage to clean up the kitchen and do a couple of loads of laundry.  All the while, in my jammies.

Thursday was better.  I went to Steph's for some help hemming my pants, then accompanied Kayleigh and Todd to Kayleigh's dentist appointment where she got her first few braces and her pallet spreader.  Good times.  And then, it was time for the very first Seahawks pre-season game!  Except it was on ESPN!  Shit!

But Steve saved the day - one of the off channels was showing the game.  The day was saved.

And today, I shopped.  Kind of.  A little bit.  Kayleigh went off to camp with the Rainbow Girls (Masonic Girl Scouts), Todd and I went up to the set of The Collectibles to drop some stuff off for the shoot this weekend, then had dinner with Kyle, of Kirby Krackle, and his fiance, Kristin.

It was a bit much to squeeze in before we have to wake up at 5:30am tomorrow morning, but still worth it.   It was a nice wrap up to a lovely week.

And now, we work our asses off.

Power posse, ho!

No comments: