Friday, March 25, 2011

Suddenly, I Have a Strong Desire to be a Runner

Woke up at 4am this morning coughing and sneezing.  Yes, really.

So, I guess the running (i.e. exercising more than walking to and from the kitchen to refill my wine glass) actually wears me out enough to sleep. Or is there something else that’s happening that’s causing me to not cough at all? Odd, since running made my lungs scream for mercy.

Speaking of my lungs, my doctor refilled my inhaler prescription. Swedish Hospital has this beautiful new contraption – MyChart. You log on and can email your doctor, see your medications history, see your appointment history, look at your family’s records, all that good stuff. So I emailed my doctor yesterday and said:

My inhaler is almost out of juice, and I’m wondering if you could call in a refill?

I started running/walking fast and I find that the albuterol helps with the coughing and wheezing afterwards. I haven’t needed a new prescription for the last few years because I’ve been lazy (loaded word) and sedentary. Thank you.

I got an email back a few minutes later saying the prescription was refilled.  Right on.

I won't have a chance to run again with Raff until next Wednesday.  Yes, I could go without him, but I don't know if I'm that motivated just yet.  Let's just take it one day at a time.

No comments: