Friday, January 14, 2011

Random Thoughts

In local news today, a 13 year old boy was sent home from school for wearing a Steelers' jersey.


While I would like to jump up and down, screaming "Yeah, BOY.  Steelers can suck it!!", I can't in this particular instance.

The school allowed kids to wear their Seahawks gear for the game this weekend, but the boy chose to wear his Steelers' jersey.  Um.  Not Steelers spirit day.  Seahawk spirit day.  If you ain't got Seahawk spirit, wear your school uniform.

The Seahawks play Chicago on Sunday.  We're not holding our breath, but stranger things have happened.

**********


You remember the post about my sick vacuum?

Well, it completely went kaput.  The roller brush wouldn't even turn.  So I finally took it into Ballard Quality Sewing and Vacuum.  Yes, we have a Quality Sewing and Vacuum in White Center, but I don't like it.  So I took my vacuum all the way to Ballard.

When I dropped it off, a very nice boy (yes, boy) asked if he could help me.  I said, with weepy eyes, "My vacuum is sick."  The man, very dramatically, gasped and put his hand to his heart and said "Oh, no!"

See?  He gets it.

I told him what all was wrong, and he took the vacuum from me and said "Well, take good care of her."  Then I told him to shield her eyes because I was going to oogle the shiny new Ricaars.

When I went to pick her up, there were five boys working.  In a vacuum and sewing shop.  All young, all had Justin Bieber hair, and all just as sweet as pie.  I told Todd, it must be a front for a drug operation.  That's just bazaar.

But my Ricaar is feeling much better now.

**********

My left thumb joint is getting worse.  It hurts to hold my travel coffee mug now.  I'm consciously thinking about keeping my thumb close to my hand - not letting it stray outward so that it hyper extends. 

It's all downhill from here, isn't it?

**********

Can I get a "hell yeah" for a three day weekend?  Yes, I will thank Martin Luther King Jr when I wake up at 10am on Monday.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I can't give a hell yeah for MLK, Jr. day b/c I don't get that one off. Pooey. But I will give a hell yeah for 3 day weekends in general! :)