Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Can Justify Anything

Which is why I am well past voluptuous.

Safeway has a four pack of these delicious muffins that are normally $1.99 (with the club card), or like yesterday, $2.69 but two for one. On therapy days, I usually stop and pick up a latte and muffins afterwards, on my way in to work – it’s a little treat to myself after I’ve purged my soul. Since there’s four in a pack, I share them with Mr. Cranky Non-Decorating Co-worker and CB. They have come to love Muffin Day.

Anywho.

Todd and I were out of coffee yesterday, so I stopped and got muffins and a latte. CB is still on maternity leave so Mr. Co-Worker and I enjoyed our muffins alone. And I put the rest in my file cabinet, happy in the knowledge that I have breakfast for the rest of the week (eight muffins, minus two muffins equals six muffins!)

We still don’t have coffee at home (well, we have coffee beans, but no grinder, and short term memory so we forgot to take the beans to get ground last night, or grind them in the blender) so I stopped again today for a latte, and very much looked forward to my muffin when I got to work.

And my muffin was good. Apple. I got banana nut too, because Mr. Cranky Non-Decorating Co-worker likes them, but they’re e a little too dry for me.

So I had my muffin and everything was dandy. Until I got an email and then the day just went to shit. Big project, lots of equipment orders, need to be delivered somewhere else, can’t deliver somewhere else, no one told us that, cancel that other order that was placed last week, okay cancelled, but wait maybe we don’t need to cancel that order…

Oh, for the love of puppies!

That’s when I ate my second apple muffin.

I didn’t need that muffin. But my mood was slipping and I knew the taste of that muffin would distract me (temporarily) and so I went for it.

Now I have two very processed apple muffins in my belly and I feel gross. And I bet I just gained three pounds.

Coincidentally, this is the same reason I drink wine every night.

2 comments:

Worth Peppaz said...

Mr. Cranky Non-Decorating Co-worker sounds like a riot! haha. Good stuff keep posting! (:

Lucy Leadskin said...

But...but...wine is actually *good* for you!

xo!