Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend Update

I am happy to say that I've been off work for so long that the days have all kind of run together.

Friday was a nice, lazy day.  Todd and I ran some errands, dropped Kayleigh off at a girlfriend's, visited Steve and Steph for a few minutes, then came home and started the decorating.  We got as far as putting the fake prelit tree up and fluffing the branches, but then it was time to go back over to Steve and Steph's for some quality hanging out and a movie.  And I haven't seen Isa in many, many weeks, so seeing her always perks me up.

Isa and Steph had to go off to bed right after the movie, but I was nowhere ready to come home.  We'd been trapped in the house all week, and I was absolutely loving being somewhere else.

We chatted with Steve until about 11pm, then Todd finally put his foot down (I love it when he does that) and took us home.

Saturday was darned productive, and a bit chaotic.  Tyler hosted game in the cottage, so we had six teenagers blowing through the house around 1pm.  Todd and I left to pick up a new dresser for Kayleigh, after selling her old dresser and nightstand (we love craigslist), the got back home and snoozed on the couch until game ended and the six teenagers blew back into the house.  I immediately hid in the bedroom to get ready for dinner.

We were invited across the street to Dave and Greg's for a post turkey day dinner with some other neighbors.  And let me tell you, I thanked them PROFUSELY for the invitation.  Because the kids had decided to play Apples to Apples in the dining room.  It was loud.  From Dave and Greg's living room, we could watch everyone in our house.  Like we were here!  But not.

Whew.

We had a lovely turkey dinner (a real turkey!  With legs!) complete with stuffing, potatoes, gravy and green beans.  I also tried pickled herring (not bad) and some paste made from the quince fruit in their backyard.  It was interesting.  But yummy.

There was dessert, and coffee and chit chat by the fire.  There was also talk about past Twelfth Night productions (since Dave is an actor) so when Todd and I got home, we put in Fiddler on the Roof, which Twelfth Night had done in 2005.  It was Kayleigh's second show and she was just freakin' adorable.  I've never seen Fiddler on the Roof before - I had no idea what it was about.

This doesn't even shock Todd anymore.

Todd was also in it, as the beggar, and while I couldn't see his face very well, it was nice to just see him on stage.

Unfortunately, that put us to bed after 1am, so when I woke up this morning at 10am, after waking up and coughing a few times during the night, I was completely unhappy.  But Todd and I needed to go to Goodwill, and we had to decorate the tree and laundry was piling up and Todd has Tech Week all this week so I had to feed the kids (take out!).....ack.

As much as I would have loved to spend the day in bed, I persevered and functioned.  Well.  After napping through the Seahawks game.  I thought we could actually do it!  Except for the interceptions that Hasselback kept throwing, we were playing pretty well!

But no.

Kayleigh summed it up best when she said, "We are getting our asses handed to us on a silver platter.  With veggies on the side!"

She's funny.

Oh, ack.  And the news is on right now and we're being warned about a huge storm that's coming in.  Fantastic!  No snow in the forecast, but lots of rain and lots of wind.  And a "frosty" morning.  I'll just over prepare and expect snow.

It couldn't hurt, right?

No comments: