Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Anniversary Weekend Update

Our anniversary weekend started on Friday with pizza and the movie The Losers.

While the movie was no 4 star hit, it was very entertaining. And I just love Jeffrey Dean Morgan (even though I can never remember his name). I still think of him as Denny on Grey’s Anatomy. But, ooh, he was in P.S. I Love You and played an Irish dude. Even better.

Where was I?

Oh yes! My anniversary weekend!

So, The Losers was good.

After sleeping in Saturday, Todd and I did some laundry and really just twiddled our thumbs until it was time to take Kayleigh to her overnight and check into our hotel. We stayed at the Pan Pacific downtown, and after dropping the word “anniversary” a couple of times, were upgraded to a corner room on the 9th floor. We had a lovely view of the Space Needle and Lake Union.


We scoped out the room for a while, then napped (because that’s what you do when you’re in a posh hotel room with no children around at 5pm), then got beautified and headed to dinner at Il Bistro.

It took us a few tries to actually find the restaurant, but once there, it was just lovely. We sat in a cozy corner, with a candle and rose petals on the table. The waiter was wonderful, the food was delicious, and the wine was fantastic.

I will say, however, it was very loud. For being the most romantic restaurant in Seattle, it was a bit of a reverberating cave. The two person tables had the chairs right next to each other, as opposed to across the table from each other, and I’m guessing that’s because they’re already aware of this problem,.

But other than though, it was great.

We caught a taxi back to the hotel, where we immediately popped open the pink champagne that the Junior Hickmans gave us for our wedding (thank you!).

Appropriate, no?

And there was other stuff, and then the cutting of the second edition wedding cake! Yum. And then there was more stuff, and then me drooling on Todd’s chest and then sleepy time.

And then there was coughing at 3am (or was it 2am, with the time change?) which lead to getting up which led to a sneezing fit, and then more coughing, and then an attempt to go back to sleep, but the mood was squashed. I think Todd and I finally officially woke up at 7:30am.

Shoot me.
We ordered room service and read our complimentary Seattle Times, while watching the NFL pregame show. When it finally came time to shower and pack up, my mood tanked and I became a whiney little six year old.

“I don’t WANNA go back home. I don’t WANNA do laundry. I wanna sleep in this fluffy bed! PLEASE LET ME SLEEP IN THIS BIG FLUFFY BED!”

Todd was having none of it.

So, off went (35 minutes before our check out time! I could have had 35 more minutes!), back to our house and our kitties and our laundry and our dirty floor and messy kitchen.

But when we walked in, we saw vacuum marks on the carpet. And the dishwasher was running. Wha..? What’s going on?! Were we robbed? Or….cleaned?

Nope. Tyler woke up feeling domestic, so he vacuumed, did some laundry, and ran the dishwasher (and even put the dishes away when it was done!)

I tell ya, that made coming home a lot easier.

The rest of the afternoon was spent lounging around in our jammies, snoozing and watching the Seahawks get their ass kicked. Even worse than last week! What the hell?!

I’m still being supportive, guys Or, I’m trying to be. Really, I am. But come on, you gotta give a win! Or at least score some freakin’ points!

So, Sunday, not so great.

But the wonderful weekend ended with beef goop and Sunday night cartoons, so we wrapped up on a good note.

And then this week I work a mere three days! I took Friday off, since we get Veteran’s Day off and I somehow have an abundance of vacation time.

What am I doing, you ask?

No idea. Maybe reading. Maybe shopping. Maybe cleaning. Maybe a pedicure. I don’t know. I’m just going to enjoy my day away from the office. And then I’ll come back for a week, and then I’ll work another mere three days, and then we’re at Thanksgiving!

WHICH MEANS DECORATING!

No comments: