Friday, December 11, 2009

I Am Not Ashamed…Okay, Maybe A Little

Saturday was a family movie day. Todd and Tyler went to see “Men Who Stare At Goats” (which I really, really want to see) and Kayleigh and I went to see “New Moon”.

Of course.

Because we’ve read allllll of the books and we saw “Twilight” when it first came out and yes, it was just horrible, but COME ON. Pretty vampires.

I was totally on Team Edward in the beginning. I like ‘em when they brood.

But after seeing “New Moon” and my, how Jacob has exploded into adolescence, I may cross over.

I still think Edward is a cutie, but the lack of chemistry between him and Bella (and the enormous amount of chemistry between Bella and Jacob) makes me see Edward for what he really is. A drag on the story. The movie was so good when he wasn’t in it. Bella had personality! Then Edward comes back and Bella goes back to twitching and talking through her teeth. Blech.

But the movie was entertaining. So entertaining, in fact, that I went to see it again with CB and Trish on Tuesday. At a grown up movie theater – 21 and up, with alcohol.

Coincidently, Todd posted this pic to Facebook - and tagged me and Trish:



Just so you know, I am NOT a Twilight mom.

I am a married woman!
And I know those boys mean jail time for a woman my age.

3 comments:

Lucy Leadskin said...

Awww, kitten - you know better! Twilight and its Evil Spawn should be CLEANSED WITH FIRE.

http://stoney321.livejournal.com/317176.html?page=3

But I love you anyway. :D

The Hamilton's said...

Hahaha!!! Dee & I have been trying to figure out when to go see it. I can't wait!!! But, I can't imagine crossing over to Jacob....we'll see.

Kristin said...

I saw it too and LOVED it. I want to see it again. And while Jacob is ridiculously delicious and I'd gladly go to jail for the chance to...umm, you know, I will never want him and Bella to get together. I'm Edward all the way. I can see where you're coming from, though...