Monday, August 3, 2009

Therapy


This is my new therapy. Tom Time.

Tom and I spend a little bit of time every evening snuggling. Normally with him laying on my chest, right around bedtime. It makes me stay in one place, and it makes me look at him and coo. How could I possibly be stressed or upset when watching such a loving kitty sleep on me?

We laid on the couch this evening, when I got home from work. Kayleigh was at a friend's, Tyler was in his room and Todd was doing some work on the computer. The house was quiet and I wanted to just rest my eyes. I called Tom up on me and I laid and looked out at the backyard, at the sun going down and the locust tree swaying in the breeze.

We laid like this for about an hour. Then it was time for a meeting, then dinner needed to be made, then the dishes cleaned up. Now it's almost time for bed.

But I got my Tom Time in. Just a bit of quiet and stillness each day. I think it's doing some good.

**********

I like this photo, too.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

awwww :) I love cats!

And to pull a Todd - this comment was brought to you by the word verification "cousn" which means "cousin" and is funny b/c I am yo cousin! :) I know, I'm a nerd.

Can't wait to see you in a few months!

Lucy Leadskin said...

Kitteh therapy is the best. :D xo!

This post brought to you by the veriword "annimall". A place to purchase any critter (named Ann) you wish.

The Hamilton's said...

A cat is awesome therapy. I know that when Kramer is gone (he's 15), I won't last long without one.