Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patty's Day Poo Poo

So, I went to the Dollar Tree yesterday to load up on enough St. Patrick's Day decorations to make my co-workers, and even my boss, throw up. And wouldn't you know it...

The two aisles of green decorations were reduced to one little corner by the door. They had hats. And whistles. And that's it.

Now what am I supposed to do?!

I've got people coming by, asking when the decorations are going up! This isn't just about me and my need to be the center of attention and the department moral gal. I have fans! They want decorations! And this is my holiday. I'm Irish! I think.

And I'm marrying a Scotsman!

Help me!

I could have Todd (artist extraordinaire that he is) draw me a shamrock, then I could use that as a stencil and make a ton of green, construction paper shamrocks. But would that be enough? I could bring in my little iPod speakers and blare the Pogues, The Dropkick Murphys and Flogging Molly all day. Would that get my Irish across?

I'm just at a loss.

I may have to make up for this at Easter. Bunnies EVERYWHERE.

That'll get 'em.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

um only if you played some U2 as well, will it really be offically irish.