Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Really Not Materialistic

I never posted a picture of my engagement ring on the blog because I didn't want people to think "Oh, she's all about the bling".

But when people ask to see it, and I'm hesitant because I don't want Todd to think I'm a shallow gold (er....um platinum) digger, The Best Fiancé Ever will say "You better show it off! I spent a lot of money AND I designed it!"

And since I'll never see some of you face to face, and I know you're curious, here's a couple of pics for you.

(This past weekend, playing with the camera, cropped so you can't see that I'm actually holding my boob.)

(Day of the engagement, trying to get a good shot for my mom.)

There's one, large diamond on top, then two smaller diamonds, one on each side. Those small diamonds belonged to Todd's great great aunt. Todd's sister-in-law also has family diamonds in her ring. We're all about family. And the Celtic knot work goes all the way around the ring.

I'll admit, I was nervous when Todd mentioned he was designing the ring himself. We had been sending pictures back and forth as early as August, so he had an idea of what I liked, but sometimes we don't agree on styles and patterns.

And, honestly, when he proposed, I completely forgot there was a ring. I said yes and just stood there and hugged him. Then he nudged me with the box, and held the ring up and I literally gasped.

It was perfect. I could not have picked out a more perfect piece of jewelry. It's dainty, it looks antique and it's sparkly. It has character and personality. It's unique and I know that no one else has a ring like this.

So there ya go.

9 comments:

Marcia said...

It's lovely.

Ann said...

It's just beauttiful!

Ann said...

Or, beautiful, even ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marcia and Ann - lovely and beautiful! Job well done by TBFE.

Anonymous said...

Me loves it!

Btw, am I the only one that doesn't know what TBFE stands for?

Lucy Leadskin said...

That's a REALLY gorgeous ring! I think the Todd Monster needs to go into jewelry design.

Anonymous said...

Kristin - I was with you until I just now figured it out! The Best Fiance Ever - am I right Rae?

Mom

~TigereyeSal~ said...

Marvelous- thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Who cares what you're holding!!!! It's all about the bling on top of the boob! Love it=)