I’m still trying to get caught up on all of the blogs I read, after missing a few weeks back in January, so I just noticed that Creth, of Acid Indignation, tagged me on the big Christmas meme that went around this year. This, after Lucy tagged me and I completely missed it. (Apparently, so did Todd, as it took two taggings to get him to do this.)
I feel so loved and popular. Thanks guys.
Here we go (two months late, and because I have nothing else to share with you right now). And my apologies, Stephen. I know how you feel about dragging this Christmas crap out.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Hot chocolate. Just reading the words “egg nog” makes me wanna barf.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa leaves them unwrapped, under the tree. Everyone else wraps them. That’s the best part of waking up Christmas morning. The new stuff that Santa leaves!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White. Although I did multi in '07 just because I had them and they were very pretty on the tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
No. Where does one find mistletoe? Besides at the florist shop at Christmas?
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Day after Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
We never really had a holiday dish. Other than the green bean casserole with the French’s onions on top. I think that was only for turkey day, though.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Wow. I honestly can’t think of one. Christmases were always exciting and fun in my house. Maybe it’s not that I can’t think of one. Maybe it’s that they were all my favorite.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
What do you mean?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
My folks and I used to open one gift on Christmas Eve. Then it turned into however many we wanted, which turned into opening them as they arrived in the mail in the weeks leading up to Christmas. We’re all about instant gratification.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Uh, by hand? Is there a special contraption out there that will do it for me?
We used to lights, garland and ornaments. Since I’ve been having my own tree, I leave off the garland.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it?
Loved it before Dec 08. Now, not so much. It’s pretty for the first day, then it’s just a pain in the ass.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yep. And do one of those skate on one leg while the other one is out behind you moves. What’s that called? Google is no help to me.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Oh, there were so many. The Pizza Hut playdoh factory (when I was 17), the trampoline (when I was 8), the Swatch watch my daddy gave me.
14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Giving presents. I love a reason to buy for people.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
It used to be driving around with my mom, looking at lights in the neighborhood. I’m not sure if Todd and I have any traditions just yet. Seeing as how we just spent our first Christmas together.
17. What tops your tree?
Now, the tree is too tall for a topper. But in the past, my family had one of those cheesy, tinsely, multi-colored light things that blinks.
18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving?
Giving. But like receiving a lot, too.
(You have no idea how long it took me to answer this question. My mind is absolutely filthy.)
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Ack. Just one? “Fairytale in New York” by the Pogues. “Baby, Please Come Home” by U2. “Blue Christmas” by Elvis.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
Yuck. They get old after a couple of licks.
Yeah, I said it. Licks.
21. What do you want for Christmas?
Peace and love.
And an engagement ring.
Oh wait!! I already got that!!
Okay. Christmas is officially over now.
I mean it.