Monday, October 13, 2008

Little Ol' Update

While my new job is fantastic, it really cuts into my blogging time. And when I get home from the fantastic job, I'm too busy doing administrative stuff/taking out the garbage/cleaning/reading/sleeping to write a post. And weekends are out because rarely do I even have time to check my email from Todd's. There's cleaning to do!

So I thought I'd just take some time this evening to update you.

First, my new desk. It's no green closet, but it's mine. And it's homey.


And it's blurry, I see now. Crap.

See those windows up there? They're frosted, but that's about the only daylight I really see, if I don't leave the building. I asked my buddy why they were frosted. He said those windows are at ground level (the building backs up against a hill) and they overlook a parking lot. Where homeless people hang out. And those homeless people were peering in at my co-workers all day. So the windows got frosted.

And my name plate. Pardon my horrible handwriting.


Speaking of work, the first "con" has appeared. No more individual, unisex bathrooms. My old department had a typical ladies room, but it also had four unisex bathrooms. Nice and private. Now I'm running into co-workers on my pee breaks and am forced to make small talk. Really not my idea of a good time.

Other than that, the new job is great. My co-workers are fabulous (even though I don't like making small talk with them in the bathroom) and my boss is a complete delight. It's nice to not dread going to work in the morning. Oh, I still dread getting up. And I'm sure it irks Todd when I'm whining at 6:30 in the morning that I HATE getting up early and it's too cold and it's too dark and just give me five more minutes!

But once I'm up, it's all good.

Not much else to update you on.

Oh, I had a letter taped to my front door when I got home today, notifying me that the apartment management company had received my Notice to Vacate and would begin showing my apartment so could I please be sure to tidy up.

[pause]

Um....do you even know me? My place is pretty "tidy" on any given day, but now that I'm really just sleeping here four nights a week, there's even less to clean up. I did wipe down the stovetop because the months of dust that has accumulated on it looked icky. Hard work, I tell ya.

Okay, that's about all I have to update you on. Now I'm off to soak. I have three chapters left in "Breaking Dawn" and we're down to big battle. I'm going to need bubbles for this.

No comments: