Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend Update

I'm home today. Somehow, I picked up a cold from someone over the weekend. Hmmm. Who could that have been?

Doesn't matter. It was totally worth it.

Friday night's movie was Control, the story of Ian Curtis, the lead singer of Joy Division. I had never heard of Joy Division until a month ago, but I like their stuff. The movie was beautiful. Then there was some Robot Chicken, which I had never seen, even though I love Seth Green. Very funny. Very un-PC.

Saturday, Todd and I had planned to go through the boxes of stuff from the fire, but we decided it would not be the best project to take on since he was still sick and hacking up stuff. So the day was spent in PJs, watching gobs of movies with Kayleigh (Tyler had gone to a friend's for the evening) . We did eventually put on pants to go get dinner. We were all pretty stir crazy come 7pm. After dinner, we tried to watch Sweeny Todd but I just didn't care about it at that point and Todd was sounding even worse than he had the past night, so I went to get NyQuil and he medicated up. Since I didn't wake up much during the night, I'm guessing he didn't wake up much during the night and he seemed to have some energy on Sunday.

Sunday - Father's Day.
And what a freakin' beautiful day in Seattle! Blue skies, in the high 60s. Just beautiful. We had a nice low key morning (and my throat starting hurting), then went downtown for lunch and to see The Incredible Hulk.

Honestly, I probably would not have had any desire to see this if it weren't for Todd and the kids. I simply went along for the ride and to have some quality time with my man. But I really liked the movie. Edward Norton and Liv Tyler had great chemistry and there was some very witty, unexpected dialogue. And granted, the Hulk is CGI, but it still doesn't take away from how good the movie is. And it emphasizes how freakin' strong he is, which I don't think they could have done with an actor. Yes, thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Immediately after the movie, Todd looked at me and said "I need to go home." Guess it was a little too much fun for one day. So, home we went, then I packed up and headed back to Ballard.

My skin, my muscles and even my teeth were hurting at this point, so I loaded up on Advil, took a hot epsom salt bath and snoozed on the couch until 9:30pm. I don't remember waking up at all last night, so I must have slept pretty well. When my alarm went off at 6:45am this morning, my throat hurt so bad I could hardly swallow. I've looked in there with a flashlight, and I don't see anything abnormal.

Now I've had my chicken soup and may just go back to bed. After I check my work email, because I'm dedicated like that. The weather is beautiful again today, but I just want to sleep. I hate that.

There will be a more personality infused blog post tomorrow.

No comments: