Sunday, May 25, 2008

Movies, Milo, Lingering OCD Symptoms and Instant Gratification

One of the side effects (she says with love) of hanging out with Todd (formerly known as Tbone, which was getting a lot of questions, so we're sticking with his real name from here on out) and his bonafide Movie Friends is that I'm getting exposed to a lot of movies that I've never seen and in some cases, never heard of.

That is one helluva sentence.

The Friday night movies this week were The Specials, with Thomas Hayden Church whom I just love, love, love, and Free Enterprise, which was hysterical, although I think I missed some of the references because I haven't seen a lot of Star Trek and Star Wars and those other star movies. Then last night, Todd and I went to see The Visitor at the Harvard Exit. Very good. A bit bleak, but beautiful.

I also got in some Milo time in yesterday afternoon. Such a cutie.


The baby meter has officially exploded.

Today, I finally grocery shopped. And it took two hours. I couldn't make a decision about anything. I hate those moods. I also found myself straightening the items on the shelves. This tells me I need to take some me time and relax a little bit. Lots of stuff rolling around in the old noggin, apparently.

After grocery shopping (you're just enthralled at this point, aren't you?), I toodled around the house, doing some random projects that I just haven't been able to get to lately. Printed out some pictures, put some other pictures in some frames, swiffered my desk. And then I ran across a coaxial cable and remembered that I had been meaning to check my cable outlet. Rumor has it, I might have free cable.

And whadya know?
I have free cable.

Slight rant:

This would have come in very handy during football season. This free cable includes FSN and ESPN. I could have been watching Monday Night Football, dammit! And most of the Seahawks games were on FOX. I wrestled with rabbit ears for five months! Double dammit!

Anywho, my cable cord is too short, and I can't have my TV just skootched in the middle of the living room for the sake of a clear picture. So I walked down to Radio Shack (it's 70 degrees and sunny as all get out here!) and bought a 25' cable. Instant gratification. Love that.

And it's only Sunday! I have a whole 'nother day off!

I feel like a cat. I just want to lay on the floor in the patch of sunlight and take a nap.

Hmmmm
And why not?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy you discovered you have cable - now I don't have to listen to you bitch about not getting to watch football! Did no one tell you when you moved into your apartment that you had free cable? That's a bummer. Now when football season rolls around, we can watch football together - whee!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh my...Milo is soooooooooooo ADORABLE!!!

And YAY for free cable - and for football! Can't wait...

Anonymous said...

OMG - the first thing I noticed about the picture of you and Milo (other than the fact that he's so cute) is that you look alot like Jennifer (Shelly's daughter)! I've never noticed it before - maybe it's just that picture. Kristin or Annie, do either of you see the resemblance??
Dee

Anonymous said...

Pissed that you just realized that you have free cable, but happy that we did not know it when I was there so that I could be "officially introduced," to the man HUNK on Buffy ( whom I have always watched on BONES) - Go SEAHAWKS! Want a season ticket now and then? We still have them....

Seester
p.s. my word verification is "hung," (missing one letter) hmmmm....

Anonymous said...

Dee, I do believe you're right. She definitely does resemble Jennifer. I would not have noticed if you hadn't brought it up though. But then I haven't seen Jen since Tricia's wedding.
You got good eyes, girl!

Mom/Annie

Raechelle said...

Dearest Seester,
Season tix to the Seahawks?! Are you freakin' kidding me?!

I mean, um, sure, yeah, whatever. I'd take a ticket.....