Sunday, March 2, 2008

Operation Sexy Undies (and a new chair)

Jamie and I spent all day yesterday downtown (downtown Seattle, not downtown Ballard) on a lingerie mission. She's very distraught that I have no lingerie. I have underwear and sweats. This will never do for a single gal.

First, we took the SLUT downtown. I don't care if they call it a street car, it will always be the SLUT to me. Apparently, paying is by the honor system. No one ever checked up on us.

It was odd. You get on and as the trolley is moving you try to figure out the little pay kiosk and keep your balance at the same time. And doing it in high heels just adds to the adventure. Jamie and I got all fabuloused up. Cause we were DownTown.

Our first store was Nordstrom's. If you haven't cruised a lingerie department recently, let me get you up to speed. Ruffled panties are all the rage. That's Jamie petting them, just for you. She's a team player.

I picked up a couple of Hanky Pankies because I am told they are SO COMFORTABLE. I'm skeptical. But I'm willing to branch out of my comfort zone for the sake of sexy. Wish me luck.

After an hour and a half of looking at underthings, we moved on to bath products. There is now a Lush at Westlake Center. I've mentioned them in a previous post. They have wonderful bath products. I loaded up on the Karma bubble bath. And Jamie loved this sign:

After Lush, we hit some random little dress shops then I hit a code red and needed food STAT. But on our trek for food, we saw this:

One little lone tree in the middle of downtown. My intial thought was, "I bet he's lonely and just wants to die. I bet he tries to commit suicide whenever he can. Why oh why won't those freakin' humans just let me die?!"

Jamie, however, optimist that she is, thought, "I bet he's standing his ground. They took his friends, his family, but he will not die. He will stand tall! He will remind the city that there were trees here at one time!"

Silly woman.

Anyway, we ended up at Il Fornaio. And just in the knick of time, too. It had started raining right as we were walking up to the restaurant, and by the time we ordered, we saw this:

Yes, that's hail. The skies opened up and whammo! Hail. Craziness.

Once we finished our lovely lunch (and complimentary dessert because the ravioli was cold and we let them know about it) it was on to Victoria's Secret. Which is pushing the envelope for me. I'm working on doing sexy, but these freakin' things barely covered anything. I wear undies for a reason. I need them to cover me. Victoria's Secret stuff don't cover nothin'. Jamie, however, is a shareholder I believe.

At this point, our feet hurt, we were tired and martinis were becoming a more prominent topic of conversation. We hit a few more stores, bought a few more expensive lacey things, then hopped back on the SLUT. But first, a quick drink to finish off the day properly.

The Shopaholics:

I got up this morning and could barely walk to the bathroom. My feet were not at all happy with me. But I had to perservere! Because today was shopping for the boudoir day! No foo-fooing it up downtown. Nope. Jeans, tennis shoes and Alderwood mall.

Unfortunately, Operation Boudoir was a bust. Target was out of the curtains and the lamps I wanted. But that's okay - that just meant I could afford to buy a slipcover!

I bought a big ass chair from craigslist last week. Ten bucks! And oh so ugly.



But oh, the power of a slipcover!

My living room is finally starting to look homey.

And whew, I am pooped. A weekend of non-stop shopping will just take it out of you. I still need to make the February birthday cake for work (yes, I know it's March. I've slacked a little...). If I can bare to stand anymore tonight. I'm almost looking forward to work tomorrow. I can sit for most of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First, never wear heels for serious shopping. I'm always amazed at women who dress up to shop. (Although my husband has become fond of telling me - I need to "step it up" in the wardrobe department - I'm not kidding).
Second, $18 for one pair of hankie pankie thongs???
Third, trees don't "think" or "do", they just "are." Silly girls. ;>)
And where do you find $10 chairs on Craig's List? Everything Kristin finds is $100. It looks good!
dee

Anonymous said...

I recently found your blog and the picture of the tree has prompted me to comment. I love Seattle and every time I'm up there, I see that very tree. I love that tree, it makes me smile. Seriously. The best thing is to walk by it at dusk when all of the birds huddle and make so much noise, you can't believe it.

Seeing that picture made me smile here at my desk.

Have a great Monday!